Novena To St. Philomena {Day 9}

The last day of our last novena. If saying the novena to St. Dominic of St. Philomena has helped you in any way, please tell me below! I would love to hear your stories!

DAILY PRAYER
O faithful Virgin and glorious Martyr, St. Philomena, who works so many miracles on behalf of the poor and sorrowing, have pity on me. You know the multitude and diversity of my needs. Behold me at your feet, full of misery, but full of hope. I entreat your charity, O great saint! Graciously hear me and obtain from God a favorable answer to the request which I now humbly lay before you (here mention your petitions.) I am firmly convinced that through your merits, through the scorn, the sufferings and the death you endured, united to the merits of the Passion and death of Jesus, your Spouse, I shall obtain what I ask of you, and in the joy of my heart I will bless God, who is admirable in his Saints. Amen.

NINTH DAY
O dear St. Philomena, you encountered Christians who, due to terrible tortures, were unable to remain strong and renounce their faith temporarily, or who faced with physical pain, surrendered holy books to the Roman soldiers. You welcomed these
Christians and understand their weaknesses. You did not condemn them nor stay away from them. You continued to pray for them and with them. I pray, my dear saint, that you will also help me develop the spirit of understanding that will prevent me from condemning people. Inspire me always to work for unity and peace in our communities especially in our parishes. Amen.

Daily Prayer
Saint Philomena, Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci