Favorite Scenes: Prince Albert's Entrance

Recently, my dad and I have been watching the Victoria on Masterpiece.

O_O

Peoples, this is an amazing show! Have any you seen it? Tell me below.

Anywho, one of my favorite scenes so far is when Prince Albert and his brother enter into the picture. It's epic. I'm just going to add it here and then we can discuss it.


Okay, I'll try to tell you when there is a spoiler.

So in the beginning, we see Victoria and Lord Melbourne talking. She's painting Queen Elizabeth and had just finished saying that she wasn't going to marry, like Queen Elizabeth. She's saying that because *SPOILER* She thought she was in love with Lord Melbourne but he told her that he couldn't marry her, no matter his inclination.*END SPOILER* Lord Melbourne tells her that he doesn't think that life will suit her, and she agrees, but stating that she won't marry just to please him. Lord Melbourne agrees, she should marry to please herself.

That scene was just really sweet. Victoria thought that she was in love with Melbourne, he tells her no. After some time, they reconcile. And (am I the only one that thinks that Lord Melbourne does truly love Victoria but won't marry her because of their political standings??? I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE) he still knows that she must marry, no matter the cost of pain to him.

Then it switches and Victoria is playing the piano, a very moody piece if I do say so myself.

Oh?

What's that?

There are changing shots from Victoria to two young men coming in!

GUYS

SERIOUSLY

I REALLY LOVE THIS SCENE

*cough*

Then you see Albert and Ernest standing by Leopold. Albert is just watching Victoria, and then he goes to turn her page.

LEOPOLD'S FACE IS THE EPTOMINE OF "I TOLD YOU SO" RIGHT THERE.

The shock on Victoria's face is evident when she see's Albert.

AND THEN YOU HEAR THAT "GLORIANNA, HALLELUJAH".

Yep.

I'm bonkers.

Anyhow, tell me if you've seen this show, I WILL FANGIRL. And I love how she's like, "I don't want to marry a stupid boy like Albert!" And you're snickering behind your hand because you know she marries Alber xD

But yeah, remember to participate in my "Ask Me Anything", you have till November 4th.


6 comments:

  1. I haven't watched this, but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! I really like it, not only because I really love knowing things about Queen Victoria, but because it's really entertaining!

      Delete
  2. I have watched a few episodes of Victoria, and I definitely was entertained!!!

    I totally agree with you on Lord Melbourne. I have a sneaky feeling that he thought himself too old for her too.

    I did like that scene when the brothers come in!!!! If only Albert wasn't her cousin...I'm not wild about close relations marrying each other. I know that that's what happened, but still...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing!

      At the beginning, you sortakindadid like the idea of Melbourne and Victoria, but then Albert comes on the scene and you're like, "NOPE." :P

      Well, I know that they had to marry royalty. And Albert was Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. So he was eligible to marry Victoria. But I think it was on Leopold and Victoria's mother's part that wanted to see Albert and Victoria married.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen this show. It sounds fun! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's really well done and has some AMAZING music :D

      Delete

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci