Novena To St. Philomena {Days 5 & 6}

So I was very very very very busy yesterday! Sorry!

DAILY PRAYER
O faithful Virgin and glorious Martyr, St. Philomena, who works so many miracles on behalf of the poor and sorrowing, have pity on me. You know the multitude and diversity of my needs. Behold me at your feet, full of misery, but full of hope. I entreat your charity, O great saint! Graciously hear me and obtain from God a favorable answer to the request which I now humbly lay before you (here mention your petitions.) I am firmly convinced that through your merits, through the scorn, the sufferings and the death you endured, united to the merits of the Passion and death of Jesus, your Spouse, I shall obtain what I ask of you, and in the joy of my heart I will bless God, who is admirable in his Saints. Amen.

FIFTH DAY
O Virgin and Martyr, St. Philomena, you made a vow of virginity and you stood by it till death offering your life to Jesus. Your purity was your perfection. I pray to you to help me in my struggle to be chaste and pure. This is a difficult thing to do now, with the influence of the media that tell us that sex, even outside of marriage, is good and recommendable. May your example inspire me and the young people especially to regard their bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit. May I learn to clothe myself
modestly and simply so that I may lead people to live this virtue. Amen.

Daily Prayer

Saint Philomena, Pray for us

SIXTH DAY
O Virgin and Martyr, St. Philomena, you were patient in your endurance to all the sufferings and sacrifices. You did so because you viewed that all the glories of this world are pure vanity. You were not attached to anything or anyone. You have your eyes always set on eternity. Help us to live this virtue of detachment so that we may be ready to do anything that Jesus asks of us. Help us put distance to the happiness and successes of this life so that we may also learn to look forward to the happiness
of heaven. We ask you, dear saint, to help us develop a heart that is attached only to God. Amen

Daily Prayer
Saint Philomena, Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci