Novena To St. Philomena {Day 8}

Today is the 8th day!

DAILY PRAYER
O faithful Virgin and glorious Martyr, St. Philomena, who works so many miracles on behalf of the poor and sorrowing, have pity on me. You know the multitude and diversity of my needs. Behold me at your feet, full of misery, but full of hope. I entreat your charity, O great saint! Graciously hear me and obtain from God a favorable answer to the request which I now humbly lay before you (here mention your petitions.) I am firmly convinced that through your merits, through the scorn, the sufferings and the death you endured, united to the merits of the Passion and death of Jesus, your Spouse, I shall obtain what I ask of you, and in the joy of my heart I will bless God, who is admirable in his Saints. Amen.

EIGHT DAY
O dear St. Philomena, you lived during the most terrible time of the Church, when Christians were hunted like animals. But like the first Christians, you found solace being with your brothers and sisters with whom you broke bread, sharing in the Eucharist in the catacombs. You received the Body and Blood of Jesus with devotion, knowing that he alone would be able to help you weather the persecutions. I implore you, my dear saint, to help me love the Eucharist, to receive Jesus daily through the Holy Communion. Bless also my brothers and sisters, especially the sick, who are unable to receive Jesus daily. May Jesus’ presence enable them to accept the sufferings they are passing through. Amen

Daily Prayer
Saint Philomena, Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci