The Shared WIP Tag || {Week Two: Worldbuilding}



Welcome to this next week of the Shared WIP Tag! As you can see from the title, this week is all about worldbuilding. My world in Faerie Queen is called Landis (I had another name for the world, but forgot it and then came up with this one and then remembered the other one after i started writing rip) and I am pretty excited about this!

Les go

What aspect of this world would make you want to leave immediately?

Hm...I think that some of the more ruthless and power hungry Houses would want to make me leave. Tbh, there isn't anything very DANGEROUS in Landis, it's pretty well civilized and there are no wars. But some of the Great Houses really like that power and might be willing to do away with people who get in the way of that.

If you lived in this world, what would be your job/working environment?

I think I would actually really like to live in the lands of House Ophediac. Their main occupation is the making of all types of cloths as well as some other things. Silks, wools, cottons, and so many more. They also have some very impressive needlepoint and I would like to work there because I really enjoy doing embroider.

What would you most likely be wearing if you were dropped into this world?

What I would be wearing would be leggings, an over-sized t-shirt, and my hoodie (because that's my uniform lol). But what I would CHANGE into would be maybe one of the dresses Adelina wears.

SNIPPETT TIMMEEE

*music*

"She smiled and checked her reflection one last time. She wore a blue linen dress that had golden suns embroidered all over it. The neckline and sleeves were trimmed in gold lace and the sleeves opened just above her elbow, lined with fur. She wore a long-sleeved, red under-dress. A gold belt clasped around her small waist. Amara had finally mastered the hair-style that was a braid crown that sat on the back of her head, the rest of her hair falling past her waist in dark curls.  Adelina carefully picked up a diadem that had a golden sun in the middle and placed in on her head." 

And here is the picture of the dress I imagined her wearing:

Medieval gown  [ADHNote: I think I have already pinned this, but just in case because it is SO lovely! See, even as a little winkie thing when I always drew dresses in blue, red, and green I was subconsciously tapping into my undiscovered love of middle-ages garb! ^_^ ]

Idk how well a job I did describing it but that was my inspiration xD

What aspects stands out to you as different from our world? What is very similar to ours?

Well, let me point out the easy things first. Um, there are faeries. Obviously we don't have those here. And some Houses are more powerful than others depending on if one of their daughters was a First Wife. I think that some of the similarities is that the House lands are kinda like states. They each are ruled under the House leaders, and then they respond to the king.

Which part of your world would you most enjoy visiting?

I really want to visit House Monfort, House Amarius, and House Exclamae. They are more of the seaside Houses and man, I think it's beautiful there. Especially House Monfort, which is also known as the House of Sunshine. Very sunny and very pretty there. 

Which part of your world would you avoid at all costs?

I can't think of any places that I would want to avoid. Like, yes, some Houses are power hungry but they aren't downright evil.

Maybe I wouldn't really want to visit House Tamaris, because they seem kinda cold, but I wouldn't go out of my way NOT to go there.

Would you enjoy the types of food or common dishes eaten in your world?

I'm going to focus on House Monfort for this question, just because the common dishes vary from House to House. But the answer is yes. A lot of House Monfort's food is seafood and grain based (since that is what they do) and I love seafood and bread xD

What does the culture of this world revolve around and would you enjoy participating in it?

The culture for each House revolves around what their main thing is. So, House Monfort is very sunshine, grain, and sea based. House Winidale is very focused on the wind and bricks. House Peladarat is very based on jewels. House Netarae is very flower based.

So it really depends on the House, and yes, I think I would enjoy participating in it.

What’s your favorite thing about the story world?

My favorite thing is how different each House is. And how they all operate. I especially love House Monfort, since I've spent more time there, but I can't wait to dive into King's Court.

Provide a few pictures that help depict your story world.

Seaside Florida Photographer  #seaside #Photographer #Photography #Blogger #travel #adventure #explore #cutephotos #stops #visit #AlyseBeach #rosemarybeach #destin

English seaside towns | CN Traveller

The English Seaside – Brighton   Seven Sisters

castle, sea, and summer image

beautiful harvest

ITAP of a path in a wheat field.

Dream House (2019) #SehrgroßeHäuser

Hohenzollern Castle, Germany


I hope y'all enjoyed this week of the Shared WIP Tag! Make sure to come back next week for questions on my mc's and antagonist! In the meantime, make sure to check out the other participants posts!



How is your Nano going? I am still (somehow) on track! I'm so excited about this y'all xD

5 comments:

  1. I love how each House makes something different, and how that influences their culture! And that snippet was beautiful! I could definitely envision the dress you took inspiration from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that all of the Houses have different specialties! The House of Sunshine sounds so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so interesting! Love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, those PICTURES!!! YASSSSS!

    I really love the way your government works. That's such a cool concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and man, I think it's beautiful there."
    ^^ LITERALLY ME READING ANYTHING OF YOUR WORK AND WRITING MY OWN CECI

    man i love these posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci