The Shared WIP Tag || {Week One: Introduction}


Hey y'all! I am so excited to do the Shared WIP Tag again! As y'all probably know, the posts usually go out on Friday. I was out of town last Friday so that is why y'all are getting this on Sunday.

I hope you guys enjoy learning more about Faerie Queen!


If you have a book cover, torture your readers by making them scroll forever to see it. If you do not have a book cover, describe your dream cover.

*laughs evilly*

I hope you enjoy scrolling lol

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..\.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.

.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.

....

.
..
.

.
.
...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..




.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
..

.
.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

..
.

..
.
.
.
.
.
.

...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
..

..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.

.
..
.

..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
..
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...

..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
..
.
.
.
..
.
.
.

..

..
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
..
.
.
.
..
.

..
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
















































































.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
..

..

.
..

..
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
..

..

.
.
.
..

.
.
.
..

.
.
..
.

.
..

..

.
.
.
.
..

..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

..
.

..

..

.
..
.
.
..
.

.
..
.
.


..

.
.
..

..

..

..

..
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

..
.
.
.
.
..

.

..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

..

.
.
.
.
.
.
./.
.
..
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..

okay dats enough


Provide a blurb

Adelina would do anything to save her House lands, even marry the Faerie prince. But she is not the only one who would marry the immortal prince to keep their House in power and many are more ruthless than she is. Adelina realizes that the costs of saving her House may come at a bigger price than she originally thought.

Leofwin knows that he cannot fall in love with his First Wife, he will long outlive her. But Adelina’s quiet resolve and strong will draw him in and he wonders if an eternity without her is worth it.

Share some aesthetics

Adelina

I will save my house


Leofwin

I don't believe that loving someone is a weakness


Leo & Adelina


How long did it take you to flesh out the story enough to feel prepared to use it for NaNo?

Well I got the idea when I read an Enchantment of Ravens, which was maybe in the beginning of October? So it took maybe a month to feel prepared enough to start Nano. But is anything truly prepared enough for Nano *sobs* but I'll still continue to jot down details as I go along.

Is it a standalone or part of a series?

This is a stand-alone. I'm pretty excited because I haven't really worked on a stand-alone novel in a while and it's gonna feel SO nice to have everything wrapped up in one novel.

How did you get the idea for this story?

I first got it reading an Enchantment of Ravens. I liked the idea of the fairy court and wanted to explore it more but in a slightly different manner in my own writing.

What song or selection of lyrics best describes the general aesthetic of your story?

Ooof, these questions are always really hard for me because I NEVER KNOWWWW. But I think Fall On Me by Andrea Bocelli kinda sums it up.



What made you decide to write this book for NaNo?

Hm, that's a good question. I already had a novel picked out before I got the idea for Faerie Queen. I think I just loved the story idea so much I didn't want to wait till after Nano to start it and I knew that Nano would force me to work on it :P

What are your publishing plans for this book?

I would like to self-publish this book. I hope to do some editing in December if I finish it, and then maybe send out a call for beta reads? We shall see.


I hope you enjoyed this round of the Shared WIP Tag! Make sure to come back on Friday for questions on Worldbuilding! In the meantime, make sure to check out the rest of the amazing posts~




How have the first few days of Nano gone? I'm surprisingly on track and yeah. The beginning of a new story is always rough but I think I'm getting the flow of things now.


10 comments:

  1. Girl, you know how to make people scroll forever. XD The aesthetics of this book are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I agree - the idea of a fairy court sounds really cool! (And I think a number of us are doing standalones this year, which is neat.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cool! (and yeah, that is pretty interesting xD)

      Delete
  3. Been loving anything faerie related! This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yeah, faerie stuff are so cool! Thank you Skye!

      Delete
  4. This sounds sooooooo awesome! I absolutely love the cover and aesthetics and EVERYTHING!

    I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for a beta call if you do one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA. THANK YOUUUUU

      Oooh! Yes! I will hopefully be doing it in the new year (depending on when I finish this xD)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Really enjoying your blog. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!I really loved reading your post! Hope you'll write more!

    ReplyDelete

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci