A Short Meditation To Begin Lent


As many of you know, today is the first day of Lent. Ash Wednesday. If you're Catholic, at some point today, you'll be going to mass and get your ashes.

Regardless of denomination, I would like to share something with you all.

I go to a Christian ballet school, and for her older dancers, my dance teacher does a Bible Study. This year, the theme is "Knowing God" and John 17:3 is our theme verse. We've been doing it for a number of weeks and this week we're reviewing everything we've done so far.

Now, I would like to share with you some of my thoughts concerning our theme verse, and I would like to hear your thoughts below in the comments!

God bless,

Ceci <3

"Now this is eternal life: that they know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent."

John 17:3

What It Means To Me Now:

God is bigger than I had ever known. His vastness is so huge, and yet, He wants to know me personally. Or actually, He wants me to know Him personally.

To know, love, and serve God - that is our purpose in this world. One leads to the other. If we know Him, we'll love Him; once we love Him, we'll serve Him; and through serving Him, we'll gain eternal life.

We cannot love an unknown master. And, consequentially, we cannot serve to the fullest a master we do not love. The better we know him, the better we love him, the better we serve him.

God does not want to be the man behind the curtain. He wants to be part of our everyday life. He wants us to know Him so we can love (and serve) Him better.

He knows each one of us by name, every hair on our head, every cell in our body, every like, dislike, and peeve. And He wants us to know Him. 

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful reflection! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I love this little meditation!

    I hope you have a very holy Lent, Ceci! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your thoughts, Ceci! They are so true!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading MC! I really enjoy sharing with y'all <3

      Delete

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci