Know the Novel | Part One {Introduction}


Ahhh.

Nano is almost upon usss

*dies*

I did this link-up last year and was SO excited when Christine decided to do this again! I really helped me flesh out some things with last year's Nano attempt.

A little background on this novel before we get into the questions: I was originally not going to work on this one. I was going to finally take some steps forward in a new-and-way-improved version of this novel I wrote a LONG time ago. But then I got this plot bunny that wouldn't leave me alone and I was like, "Hecc it all, let's do it."

So there are a lot of rough edges but hey, that's why we're doing this xD

1. What first sparked the idea for this novel?

Honestly, it was reading An Enchantment of Ravens (one of my new favorite books lol). I really loved that book and just the idea of a fairy court really intrigued me. From there my imagination went wild and the world and story of Faerie Queen was born.

2. Share a blurb!

Adelina would do anything to save her House lands, even marry the Faerie prince. But she is not the only one who would marry the immortal prince to keep their House in power and many are more ruthless than she is. Adelina realizes that the costs of saving her House may come at a bigger price than she originally thought.

Leofwin knows that he cannot fall in love with his First Wife, he will long outlive her. But Adelina’s quiet resolve and strong will draw him in and he wonders if an eternity without her is worth it.

3. Where does the story take place? What are some of your favorite aspects about the setting?

This story takes place in the land of Aelumae. It is a place where faeries and mortals live together, but the faeries can only be found in the King's Court. Some of my favorite aspects of this setting are not only the conflict between the twelve Houses but the splendor of the King's Court.

4. Tell us about your protagonist(s).

I have two protagonists. The "main" one is Adelina, a human girl. Her House is the weakest of the twelve and she wants to bring it back into power. The only way that she can do that is by marrying the Crown Prince and having his heir.

My other protagonist is the Crown Prince Leofwin, a faerie. He constantly reminds himself to not get too attached to mortals, since they will die and leave him alone, but he can't help loving these people.

5. Who (or what) is the antagonist?

My antagonist is really one of the Houses. They are in power and want to stay in power. They aren't about to let a lady from House Monfort come and take that power out of their hands.

6. What excites you the most about this novel?

I think that the world and plot really excite me. The characters too. So I guess, everything is exciting to me?? Lol.

7. Is this going to be a series? standalone? something else?

This is going to be a standalone. The plot should end at the end of this book and there should be no need for more books.

8. Are you plotting? pantsing? plansting?

Plotting. Kudos to those of you who can do Nano while pantsing, I do not know how you do it. I find that the more detailed my outline is, the less I get stuck and the more time I can actually spend writing words for my wordcount instead of figuring out what the mchecc to write.

9. Name a few things that makes this story unique.

I'm not going to pretend that the idea of a fairy court has never been done before, it has. I mean, I got my inspiration from a book....THAT WAS ABOUT A FAIRY COURT.

But something that I think that is going to make this story unique is the relationships between the faeries (more specifically the faerie royalty) and the humans. And the way that the different Houses stay in power.

10. Share a fun “extra” of the story (a song or full playlist, some aesthetics, a collage, a Pinterest board, a map you’ve made, a special theme you’re going to incorporate, ANYTHING you want to share!).

Here is my Pinterest board for Faerie Queen. (if you click on the image it'll take you to the actual Pinterest board)


I know that it looks kinda dark?? But I don't think it's going to be a dark book, but that thought might change once I start writing this come November.


Are y'all doing Nano? How's your prepping going? What are you most excited for in your novel? 

18 comments:

  1. THIS SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. I am dying to read this ahhhhh. I love faerie court stories, and all the characters sound amazing and the world! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASdhkjasdbdkjshcjsac, I'M GLAD IT SOUNDS INTERESTTIINNGGGG. Thank youu! The more I flesh it out the more I'm like, "Woah, my brain came up with this??" O_O

      Delete
  2. This sounds SOOOO. GOOOOD. asdfghjgfklsda!!! I absolutely love the blurb and pinterest board you made! Good luck with NaNo, girl! <3333

    Also, hi! I'm new to your blog but will definitely be sticking around ;)

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaghhhhhhh!! I'm SO glad that you like it!!

      Heyyy!! Thank you so much <3 Also, I checked out your blog and WOW IT'S GORGEOUS AND I TOTALLY FOLLOWED

      Delete
  3. OH MY GRACIOUSSSS. I LOVE FAIRY COURTS. And this sounds like SUCH a good one with the different Houses and a fairy prince loving the humans and AKJ:SLJL:KJFDJ. THIS IS EVERYTHING I LOVE. I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING.

    Thank you for doing the linkup and sharing this loveliness with us! AAAAHHHH!!! HAPPY WRITING! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!! Oh my gosh, I am so excited for this novel! You know that feeling when you're getting ready for Nano and you can't wait to write it?? (haha, where is that feeling going to be mid-nano -_-)

      Thank you! I love this link-up!!!

      Delete
  4. This sounds exactly like my sort of book! Fairy courts are awesome! I am doing NaNo but my prep is going no where *insert panicking, sobbing emoji*
    Also, that blurb sounds amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayayay!!!! Oh no!!! YOU STILL HAVE A FEW WEEKS YOU CAN DO ITT!!

      Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. This sounds fantastic! You had me with faeries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee....thank you :DD I don't think I've done a story that focuses so much on faeries so im excited

      Delete
  6. Oh my word...

    Hello!! What a way to introduce myself but GAH your book sounds FANTASTIC and I'm in love!!! 😍

    Good luck with NaNo this year - I'm sure your novel will end up being a treasure!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lily Cat!!! Awww! THANK YOU GIRLIE!!

      Oosh, thank you! I really hope so lol

      Delete
  7. This fairy marriage sounds like a really enticing storyline. I look forward to the next linkup check-in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely ADORED "An Enchantment of Ravens," so this sounds super fun! And when you mentioned how Leofwin shouldn't fall in love with his *First* Wife... I think my jaw dropped--because OF COURSE an immortal fae would marry multiple times. Yikes, poor guy. All that heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS. I LOVED that book! Oh yeah, lots of heartbreak for my characters *rubs hands*

      Delete

Heylo there! I see that you're about to comment, thank you! I have comment moderation on posts older than 6 days only so that I won't miss it, it has happened you know.

~Ceci